Maintenance Technician (3rd Shift)
TN - Knoxville
Together We Save Lives!
The keys to success are yours at Joyson Safety Systems! We are a global leader in design, development and manufacturing of safety-critical systems and components for automotive and non-automotive markets. We are committed to bringing life-saving technology to customers worldwide. Joyson Safety Systems leverages the power of collaboration and innovation to provide quality and service excellence for our customers worldwide. Our company is headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, USA, with a global network of more than 50,000 employees in 25 countries.
Our team is passionate about the automotive industry, focused on delivering quality and innovation for the future. We encourage lifelong learning and provide the resources to help our team members build the foundation for a strong future with us. We strive to promote from within, offering excellent opportunities for career growth and advancement.
We are currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician (3rd Shift) to join our team in our Knoxville, Tennessee facility.
- Ensure operation of machinery and equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturer's instructions and engineering specifications
- Troubleshoot machinery malfunctions
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical or electrical devices in operation; listen for problems, use precision measuring and testing instruments
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices; using hand and power tools; examine form and texture of parts
- Determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts, using rules, calipers, micrometers and other measuring instruments
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments by using appropriate tools. Ensure machinery meets departmental safety expectations. Place safety as a priority
- Control downtime by informing Production Workers of routine preventative maintenance techniques; monitor compliance
- Fabricate repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate degree from a technical or trade school is preferred
- 4+ years" experience in a high-volume automotive manufacturing facility within a maintenance department
We are an Affirmative Action/EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.